Treatment of surgical diseases of children aged 0 to 16 years is carried out by children’s surgeons.
Children are not a secondary model of adults . For these reasons, surgical procedures for children should be performed by pediatric surgeons. Because even in children and adults, diseases with the same names are treated with completely different methods. Even minor surgical procedures in children can cause severe psychological trauma in children if they are not performed in appropriate conditions. Pediatric surgery has emerged to meet these needs.
Surgical and endoscopic procedures related to pediatric urology and the treatment of childhood diseases requiring surgical intervention are performed to make decisions regarding prenatal abnormalities as a result of operations necessary for severe congenital anomalies in pediatric surgery.
After most of our operations, patients can be sent home 2-3 hours after surgery, which are performed as daily surgical procedures.
Common diseases of pediatric surgery
- Inguinal hernia, hydrocele, umbilical cord cyst
- Umbilical hernia
- Undescended testicle (cryptorchidism)
- Acute scrotum (emergency surgery of the testicles and sacs)
- Umbilical Granuloma
- Rectal bleeding (hematochezia, intussusception, anal fissure, polyp)
- Fecal incontinence problems
- Nocturnal (night time) and diurnal (day time) urinary incontinence problems
- Appendicitis in children
- Pyloric stenosis (also called infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis or gastric outlet obstruction)
- Buried penis in children